Sunday, January 27, 2008

Renewal: December 16, 2007

So

Precious

is a person’s faith in God,

so precious

never should we harm

that.

Because

He gave birth

to all

religions.

St Francis of Assisi

first reading:

In striving to recognize the primacy of Fire and Light,
I feel kinship with my Zoroastrian brothers and sisters.
In striving to obey the Ten Commandments,
I feel kinship with my Jewish brothers and sisters.
In striving to be kind to neighbor and the needy,
I feel kinship with my Christian brothers and sisters.
In striving to be compassionate to creatures great and small,
I feel kinship with my Buddhist-Jaina brothers and sisters.
In striving to surrender myself completely to God Almighty,
I feel kinship with my Muslim brothers and sisters.
In the recognition that wisdom flows from enlightened masters,
I feel kinship with my Sikh brothers and sisters.
In remembering that serving people should be the goal of religion,
I feel kinship with my Baha'i brothers and sisters.
In my respect and reverence for Nature that sustains us,
I feel kinship with my Native American brothers and sisters.
In feeling that these and more are all paths to the same Divinity,
I feel kinship with my Hindu brothers and sisters.
In my love and laughter, joy and pain,
I feel kinship with all my fellow humans.
In my need for nourishment and instinct to live on,
I feel kinship with all beings on the planet.
In my spiritual ecstasy with this wondrous world,
I feel kinship with the Cosmic Whole.

universal reflection - v. v. raman - cape of good hope - 1999

I desire neither earthly kingdom,
nor even freedom from birth and death.
I desire only the deliverance from grief
of all those afflicted by misery.
Oh Lord, lead us from the unreal to the real;
from darkness to light;
from death to immortality.
May there be peace in celestial regions.
May there be peace on earth.
May the waters be appeasing.
May herbs be wholesome and
may trees and plants bring peace to all.
May all beneficent beings bring peace to us.
May thy wisdom spread peace all through the world.
May all things be a source of peace to all and to me.
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

hindu peace prayer - mahatma gandhi

Vulnerable

we are,

like an infant,

we need each other’s care

or we will

suffer.

St Catherine of Siena

From the point of Light within the Mind of God
Let light stream forth into the minds of men.
Let Light descend on Earth.

From the point of Love within the Heart of God
Let love stream forth into the hearts of men.
May * Christ return to Earth.

From the centre where the Will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men --
The purpose which the Masters know and serve.

From the centre which we call the race of men
Let the Plan of Love and Light work out.
And may it seal the door where evil dwells.

Let Light and Love and Power
restore the Plan on Earth.

the great invocation - maitreya

second reading:

Peace be to earth and to airy space!

Peace be to heaven, peace to the waters,

Peace to the plant, and peace to the trees!

May all the powers grant to me peace!

By this invocation of peace may peace be diffused!

By this invocation of peace may peace bring peace!

With this peace the dreadful I now appease,

With this peace the cruel I now appease,

With this peace all evil I now appease,

So that peace may prevail, happiness prevail!

May everything for us be peaceful!

(Atharva Veda XIX--Hindu Scriptures)

Great Spirit, Divine One, Creator
who is heaven earth rock wind insect tree fox
human of every size shape color

Holy are your infinite names chanted sung whispered
shouted in every language, tongue.

We will midwife the rebirth of Gaia
as best we can
restoring the Great Law of Peace.

Guide our hands to the soil and seed
honoring the alchemy of food.
Let us remember your abundance
and share the bread of life with any who hunger.

We are for giving
and giving and giving.
We trust in the give-away.
We give and receive.

Let us be humble before the darkness and the light
walking in harmony amidst them.
Give us courage to know them intimately
both within and without.

For you have breathed it all---
the behind, the above, the below, the beyond.
Your awesome power courses in our veins
and animates our hearts.
You are the Great Drum.

We thank you.

translation of the lord's prayer
from King James to Gaian - claudia l'amoreaux

Holy Mystery of Peace

(B.Lanzetta)

Holy Mystery draw us

to the dwelling place

of peace.

Silent Mystery still us

with the brilliance

of emptiness.

Fiery Mystery wound us

with the cautery

of an open heart.

Love’s Mystery inspire us

to embrace all creation

as family.

Mystery of Forgiveness

fill us with healing balm

throughout the year.

2 comments:

Starling said...

While doing a google search in "The Great Invocation" I noticed an old blog post of your containing its words.

I write today to let you know of three books I have written about this wonderful mantram.
They are part of the "Compass of Light" series which examines the truly unique linguistic features of the Invocation.

The books are available in PDF format at no charge at the following site:

http://tinyurl.com/thegreatinvocation


I hope you find them informative and welcome any feedback you may have concerning them.

thoughtfully
starling

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?