Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ahimsa, January 13, 2008

1-13-08

Practice of Ahimsa (non-harm) develops love. Ahimsa is another name for truth or love. Ahimsa is universal love. It is pure love. It is divine Love. Where there is love, there you will find Ahimsa. Where there is Ahimsa, there you will find love and selfless service. They all go together.
There is one religion - the religion of love, of peace. There is one message, the message of Ahimsa. Ahimsa is a great spiritual force.
Sri Swami Sivananda

Donald Weeks
Donald Weeks, Sanskrit name Janak began studying Kripalu Yoga in 1991, in that same year he met his teacher yogi Amrit Desai, which started the process of transformation.He has lived and worked at the Amrit Yoga Institute for the past 3 1/2 years as music director and audio technician. He shares his joy for chanting and transformation with you today from his heart and his love.


You are the peace of all things calmYou are the place to hide from harmYou are the light that shines in darkYou are the heart's eternal sparkYou are the door that's open wideYou are the guest who waits insideYou are the stranger at the doorYou are the calling of the poorYou are my Lord and with me stillYou are my love, keep me from illYou are the light, the truth, the wayYou are my Saviour this very day.
you are god –
AMEN
Celtic oral tradition - 1st millennium



Beloved, to Thee I raise my whole being,a vessel emptied of self. Accept, O Lord,this my emptiness, and so fill me withThy Self --- Thy Light, Thy Love, ThyLife --- that these Thy precious Giftsmay radiate through me and over-flow the chalice of my heart intothe hearts of all with whom Icome in contact this day,revealing unto themthe beauty ofThy joyandWholenessandtheserenityof Thy Peacewhich nothing can destroy.
prayer of the chalice –
francis nuttall

No comments: