Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Feb theme: LOVE

Feburary 3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1

God is Love. John 4:8

'Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.' Chrissy - age 6

The word in language is half someone else’s … Prior to th[e] moment of appropriation, the word does not exist in a neutral and impersonal language (it is not, after all, out of a dictionary that the speaker gets his words!), but rather it exists in other people’s mouths, in other people’s contexts, serving other people’s intentions [and stories]: It is from there that one must take the word, and make it one’s own. Bakhtin



'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.' Billy - age 4


Love is the perfect stillness
and the greatest excitement, and most profound act,
and the world is almost as complete as His Name.
Rabia - 8th cen Sufi Mystic



She Who Loved Too Much – the Gospel according to Dawn
Dawn Annette Mills, OSB





I
have a cause
We need those, don’t we?
Otherwise the darkness and the cold gets in
and everything starts
to ache.
My soul has a purpose; it is
to love;
if I
do not fulfill
my heart’s vocatiion,
I suffer.
St. Thomas Aquinas





The sky gave me its heart
because it knew mine was not large enough to care for the earth
the way
it did.

Why is it we think of God so much?
Why is there so much talk
about love?

When an animal is wounded
no one has to tell it, “you need to heal”; so naturally it will nurse
itself the best it can.

My eyes keep telling me, “Something is missing from
all I see.” So I went in search of the cure.

The cure for me was His beauty, the remedy –
for me was to
love.
Rabia – 8th cen Sufi Mystic

No comments: