Tuesday, June 17, 2008

March Theme Passion

3-16-08

Divine MysteryDeliver me to my passion.Deliver me to my brilliance.Deliver me to my intelligence.Deliver me to my depth.Deliver me to my nobility.Deliver me to my beauty.Deliver me to my power to heal.Deliver me to You.
Amen



Since the beginning of the world there has been an enigma, … man had always been looking for it but has never found it. It is present everywhere but it's hard to reach its chambers - it's guarded by deep waters, dense forests and profound thoughts. Everything important began with it: architecture, philosophy, sculpture... It is, at the same time, the strongest roar, and the only thing, which stops when its name is spoken.
Its name is Silence.
All the depths in nature are silent, as are all the profound feelings in man: love, faith, courage, persistence. … For centuries, man has found silence in faith and prayers, philosophers in philosophy, artists in art. The great orators were turned towards the sea during their speech, looking for inspiration in the silence of that [expanse].
How can we find, in life and speech, a secret thread, which will lead us along the entangled paths of our passion to silence? Do we have enough strength to resist our greatest enemies - thrills and ego? [We fear it as much as we crave it] We are we afraid of silence and its undiscovered paths, its passion, its sparkle that has often lit our soul, its ominous stillness which has brought us tough and joyous days? And just when we think that we have found it, we are uneasy and curious again, we wonder what's beyond it.
Maybe that is the end, torn down sacred monuments which we have worshipped, demolished cities which we have been building for centuries. We will always long for silence as we do for light and air, even though we, ourselves, destroy it most. Our uncontrollable passion leads us to the unknown, uncertainty, and into redemption. By making the poison, we always poison ourselves first. Out of our careless words, enemies and unease are born. It's already been said that honesty doesn't mean always telling what's on your mind. It actually means that everything you don't think should be left unspoken. You should rush slowly into silence. And quietly...If we say its name it will stop.( "Beyond silence", author Suzana Stojanovic, 02.12.2007. )



There are three monks, who had been sitting in deep meditation for many years amidst the Himalayan snow peaks, never speaking a word, in utter silence. One morning, one of the three suddenly speaks up and says, ‘What a lovely morning this is.’ And he falls silent again. Five years of silence pass, when all at once the second monk speaks up and says, ‘But we could do with some rain.’ There is silence among them for another five years, when suddenly the third monk says, ‘Why can’t you two stop chattering?”
Krishnamurti



Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)



Meditation is a movement in and of the unknown … it is that energy that though-matter cannot touch. Thought is perversion for it is the product of yesterday … Everything put together by thought is within the area of noise, and thought can in no way make itself still … thought itself must be still for silence to be. Silence is always now as thought is not. Thought, always being old, cannot possibly enter into that silence which is always new. The new becomes the old when thought touches it … Love can only be, when thought is still. This stillness can in no way be manufactured by thought … this stillness can never be touched by thought. Thought is always old, but love is not … the flowering of goodness is not in the soil of thought’
‘Meeting Life’ (Bulletin 4, 1969) © 1991 Krishnamurti Foundation Trust, Ltd; Published by HarperSanFrancisco



Stillness is really another word for space. Becoming conscious of stillness whenever we encounter it in our lives will connect us with the formless and timeless dimension within ourselves; that which is beyond thought, beyond ego. It may be the stillness that pervades the world of nature, or the stillness in your room in the early hours of the morning, or the silent gaps in between sounds. Stillness has no form – that is why through thinking we cannot become aware of it. Thought is form. Being aware of stillness means to be still.
To be still is to be conscious without thought. You are never more essentially, more deeply yourself than when you are still. When you are still you are who you were before you temporarily assumed the physical and mental form called a person. You are who you will be when the form disappears. When you are still, you are who you are beyond your temporal existence: consciousness – unconditional – unconditioned, formless, eternal.
Eckhart Tolle


Watch over me
Hold your hand before me in protection.
Stand guard for me; speak for me.
As you speak for me, I will speak for you.

May all be beautiful before me.
May all be beautiful behind me.
May all be beautiful below me.
May all be beautiful above me.
May all be beautiful all around me.
I am restored in beauty.
Navajo Shootingway ceremony prayer



All is transient
When you perceive this, you are above suffering.
The path is clear

All is suffering,
When you perceive this, you are above suffering.
The pat is clear.

All is unreal.
When you perceive this, you are above suffering.
The path is clear

The Buddha

No comments: